Sharing.....for "picky Cat" Owners( Something I Read)

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First, my story: As you may know, I found this forum and am loving the advice you all are giving. I'm STILl experimenting to find foods all 3 eat, that are in my price range and that I can easily get.
Still want to stick with 2-4 brands.
Now I am noticing 1 won't eat, walks away, makes me panic he's sick, then comes back an hour later and eats the whole bowl.
Another had horrible diarrhea the yesterday morning, I mane B A D, liquid, but now hasn't pooped, but HAS eaten and drank and acts normal.
The 3rd had a bit of diarrehea too, still eating and drinking. NOT one piece of poop in any litter box today so I can't tell if anyone is better yet. and I don't know if it came from weruva( I gave 4 days in a row for first time doing that) , or a bad can of health extension or nulo or fromm. Today NO ONE likes FROMM so I thought they were all sick. I ran out and picked up a wellness( new for them), put it next to the fromm, and they ate it and left the fromm( that they had been eating for 7 weeks now and suddenly don't like!!!!!!!!!) My cat cabinet looks like a mini variety store right now and I was ready to return everything until I read this on a site I found today so I wanted to share it and hope it helps someone.

"We also observe that cats’ food preferences can change over time. While cats like variety, they can be very sensitive to change. When you put a new food in front of them, and they reject it, they may be responding to the fact that it is different, not to whether it is good or bad food, he says.

“There are so many factors that influence why a cat may or may not like a food,” Hawley says. “It really comes down to experimentation with your own cat. Food should not only nourish, but should provide joy to your pet. If a cat does not start to eat its food in the course of a few days, I recommend giving them another choice. But try that same food again in a month or two and don’t be surprised if the second time the cat suddenly likes it. Remember, cats are not random about their food choices and they are always subject to reversal.”

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol, i have a mini cat food store in my pantry as well. My husband always says we have more cat food in the house than human food :)

my cats go off and on different foods quite often. I have one dry i feed, they dont seem to get tired of it. With wet food i have maybe 10 or 12 i rotate between. Always have 5 or 6 different brands in the cabinet at any one time. If they get fussy about something they have previously liked i put it to the back of the cabinet and try again in a few weeks or so. But with my guys there are so many brands that they just will not eat, no matter what. Cats, they like what they like, and want it when they want it. Mine have me well trained :)