Shamless...

cattysmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So our new fur baby (10 year old Catty LaBelle, who just spent 52 days in a shelter following being surrendered due to her mama going to a nursing  home)... she is still hiding a bit now and again, HOWEVER... today we had some baby step success toward grooming.   A domestic longhair (because we don't know her ancestry) who looks  suspiciously like a Norwegian Forest Cat, she needs grooming so we must figure this out together... but I have been giving her some space since she came home Friday.    Today, however, we had a small breakthrough in Grooming 101...

Well, I'll let Catty LaBelle tell you about it, in her own :words":

--Dear Diary:

"I've been here in my new home for only 2 1/2 days, and I've already almost sold out completely.  I'm so ashamed.  I admit it.  It was embarrassing.  I had been set on totally ignoring my new Mommy.  After all, I had suffered two months of indignity in that PLACE.  (Did they not KNOW I was a royalty and should be treated like a queen)... but no they had put me in there with the general population of fluffy kitten riff raff and oh my...all those teenage fur parties going on all hours of the night... my nerves... how my nerves had suffered.  All of this and suffering the loss of my dear first Mommy.   It was almost too much to bear even for such a steady feline as myself.   

So, when my new Mommy approached me with that BRUSH, I acted all offended just as I had planned.   I gave one sniff and turned my back on her.  I was disinterested.  I did not care that she said I needed brushing, I would just totally ignore .....

WAIT... what was that I sniffed on the wind?   Something... something delicious.  Okay, maybe I would turn my head to just get a peek at where that delectable smell was coming from...

OH MY... there it was again... and it was something coming from a bag ... in Mommy's hand...  there.. there it was again... oh, how difficult it is to keep a look of total disdain when you want to leap into the air like a kitten and losing all dignity... this wonderful smell and there it was... she was offering me this morsel... and then I TASTED it... and I was in (sigh) heaven.

Lost in it's yummy goodness, I felt the slicker brush glide across my back - AND I DIDN'T CARE... I was behaving like a shameless street cat... purring and wiggling around like some teenager while begging with my eyes for another of those tiny cookie treats.   At that moment, I lost all thought to those pesky ten ounces that had been hanging on since Thanksgiving.  All I knew was that I wanted ANOTHER of whatever that was..and so... I sold myself into brushing for three tiny bites of deliciousness. 

After it was over and about a pound of hair had been removed from my back, tail,  head and ruff, I quickly reclaimed my cool demeanor and tried to act as nothing had happened.  I went back to my hiding tube... and gave Mommy a look that said..what happens in the safe room... stays in the safe room -- at least when it comes to selling out for a grooming session."   - Signed Catty LaBelle.

P.S. She thinks she's going to brush my tummy next time, but I can tell you that WON'T happen... wait.. there is that delicious smell again...

Last edited:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Well, Catty LaBelle I bet you feel a lot better being all brushed out. I think you should take advantage of all these treats coming your way and enjoy every one. In fact you might consider rolling about to get mussed up again so you can get even more treats. You don't want to take it too far as you may end up at The Groomer or in The Bathtub so be careful.
Also, if you play your cards right, you should be able to get even more treats when it comes to getting your claws clipped! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Catty LaBelle I bet you feel a lot better being all brushed out. I think you should take advantage of all these treats coming your way and enjoy every one. In fact you might consider rolling about to get mussed up again so you can get even more treats. You don't want to take it too far as you may end up at The Groomer or in The Bathtub so be careful.
Also, if you play your cards right, you should be able to get even more treats when it comes to getting your claws clipped! [emoji]128077[/emoji]
Wise words