Sexually confused cat?

georgiagirl8

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel weird asking about this but here we go. Pepperoni and Monster were both neutered at about 6 months old. They are now about 2 years old, about a month apart in age. Once the other day and again this morning I caught Pepperoni (boy) on top of Monster (boy) pretty much going to town (pardon the expression). I noticed this behavior often back soon before they were both neutered. But until recently, this behavior seemed to stop. Although Monster is a large Siamese cat, I am concerned that Pepperoni (average shorthair) might hurt him. And I'm also concerned about Pepperoni because that just doesn't seem normal. I have had many cats, but don't remember ever really having a problem like this before. Is it common for a neutered male cat to have this kind of behavior and urges? And does this mean Pepperoni is a homosexual cat?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being that they're eunuchs now, technically they can't be anything-sexual :tongue2:. One of my boys does this to one of the other boys occasionally. I don't know why, it's just a cat thing I guess. It may be dominance, it may be some other kind of cat communication, who knows. But I would think that if Monster gets tired of it he'll find a way to let Pepperoni know.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's a dominance thing. My alpha male (Stumpy) used to do this to our indoor/outdoor male (OTB Bob) when he came inside. Bob was alpha outside. Stumpy wanted to make sure that Bob knew his place while in the house.

Neutering reduces their sex drive, but unless you had every gland in their body removed that produces hormones, there will still be natural urges that cats will display. Mounting is on of these behaviors.