Sexual Behaviour After Neutering??

Emmajk74

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, our beloved cat Charlie has been neutered today. He is 6 months old, he has never showed any sort of sexual behaviour. However in the past hour he has shown some strange behaviour, becoming clingy and holding onto me, and I’ve just noticed he has an erection which I’ve never noticed before!! Is this normal?

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is a normal occurance immediately after neutering, not really sexual behavior. If you have any concerns though you should contact your vet

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have seen something very similar with a friend's dog the day he was neutered. I don't think it's sexual behavior; but part of his recovery process. Definitely run any concerns by your vet. :)

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewart started humping maybe a month after he was neutered. He was around 11 months old or so when it started. I asked my boyfriend why he had an erection after we'd neutered him and he said maybe the hormones hadn't left his system. Well he kept humping for like a year after that until he moved onto spraying things. We just got ourselves a weird one.

caelesto

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All part of the recovery process.

My friend's cat is like 9 years old and has been without his Manly Bits since he was about 6 months old, but he still humps his favourite blanket...