Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Female

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Heathogo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! My foster cat gave birth to 4 babies Friday afternoon, so they are 1.5 days old. She had 3 torties (obviously female) and one tabby whom I'm having trouble determining the sex of. It doesn't look quite the same as the others but looks more female than male, except at certain angles. I took a few pictures and I'm hoping someone can help me out!
*please note, all pictures are of the SAME KITTEN
*I apologize for the images being sideways, they're upright in my phone and I'm not sure why they flipped

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! and Welcome!
Maybe this will help, focus on;
1. The distance between the anus and the genital opening.
2. The shape of the genital opening.
Here’s a diagram;

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Heathogo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! and Welcome!
Maybe this will help, focus on;
1. The distance between the anus and the genital opening.
2. The shape of the genital opening.
Here’s a diagram;

Thank you for the diagram! I'm a vet tech and very familiar with sexing kittens, however this is my first brand new litter and I'm just having a hard time since everything is so small - plus it looks more female to me but different than the other 3 females so I'm just not certain!

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a female to me. Is this the same kitten that's in your profile photo?

Heathogo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Looks like a female to me. Is this the same kitten that's in your profile photo?
Nope, the one in my profile is one of the torties, the one I'm having trouble with is the only tabby of the litter. I think what's throwing me off is that the torties have little extra folds of skin next to the vulva but this one doesn't have that.

Heathogo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all the help, folks! This one has just been driving me bonkers haha, but I agree with consensus that we're female! I help her up next to one of the torties last night and even though they look a bit different (I think because the torties are more "plump" and the tabby is a sleek little thing) the distance from anus to genitals is the same. Thanks guys!