Sex?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, wow, with the coloring it's really hard for me to tell. The brown tabby is a girl and the red tabby is a boy, but I just can't figure out Roo.

I'm slightly leaning toward female, but not strongly. It should be easier to tell when they're older.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Auburnflower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh, wow, with the coloring it's really hard for me to tell. The brown tabby is a girl and the red tabby is a boy, but I just can't figure out Roo.

I'm slightly leaning toward female, but not strongly. It should be easier to tell when they're older.
Present day roo is 5 months old and it’s still hard to tell honestly! I was thinking baby photos would be better. Roo has a vet appointment to be neutered (we thought male) this weekend so I guess we will find out but I was just curious if anyone else knew ahead of time! The fur really does make it difficult

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Present day roo is 5 months old and it’s still hard to tell honestly! I was thinking baby photos would be better. Roo has a vet appointment to be neutered (we thought male) this weekend so I guess we will find out but I was just curious if anyone else knew ahead of time! The fur really does make it difficult
I'm thinking your Roo is a girl.
I can't see any testicles in the 5 month photo.

Tabbytom has very useful info in post #2 of this thread: Help determine age and gender of kitten
Also this may help: Sexing Kittens - tips and hints to determine the sex of your kitten or cat.

Hopefully Willowy sees the updated photo, since Willowy would be the one I'd go to for any 99% accuracy.

(I either look for slits for female genital openings closer to the anus, or dots for males with added space for the scrotal sac.)

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Could we also see photos of the front side...face? of your kitten?
I'd like to see the colouring?
(won't help in determining sex, but does help in 'cuteness overload'. haha. :blush:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Auburnflower

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is all just a funny occurrence to me bc not long ago I brought home a guinea pig named Winry, just to change the name to Winnie upon discovering balls!
Roos mom is Kanga and she was a pregnant rescue we took in. But at least roo is gender neutral and we don’t have to change it!
here she* is with her* momma

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
This is all just a funny occurrence to me bc not long ago I brought home a guinea pig named Winry, just to change the name to Winnie upon discovering balls!
Roos mom is Kanga and she was a pregnant rescue we took in. But at least roo is gender neutral and we don’t have to change it!
here she* is with her* momma
Wow! She is adorable. Well both mom and kitten are.
She's more white than black, ...(which of course you can't tell from the rear).
Kanga and Roo....that is so sweet.:thumbsup:
(It took me a few minutes to put it together. haha. wow, am I slow.:lol:)

That guinea pig story is also very cute. Sounds like a recurring theme in trying to sex young animals.
It happens to everyone,...young kittens are difficult to do.

I know nothing about guinea pigs, but we do have a section called Other Pets & Animals
where you can post photos of your other animals which are not cats.

And you can also introduce your kitten or cats in New Cats on the Block

We're very much into photos on TCS (the Cat Site)....I think it just kind of makes our day to see cat and kitten photos. :)
Thanks for posting the ones you did above.
My kitten fix is now satisfied. :cloud9:

Hope everything goes well at the Vet's this weekend for your Roo.:wave3: