Sex of my kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mmabryxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like a little girl to me.
That’s what I was hoping for. They all told me she was a girl to! Person I got her from didn’t know how to check genders 🤦🏻‍♀️! But I named her Sasha. She so cute

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's very cute! How old is she? From her pictures, she looks extremely young.

She appears to be longhaired in the pictures, so I would describe her as a brown mackerel tabby domestic longhair.

Did you happen to take any pictures of the parents when you picked up your kitten? I'm not seeing obvious signs of Bengal or Maine Coon ancestry in the pictures, although it's theoretically possible. Both parents must have been longhair carriers to produce a longhaired kitten... and not many Bengals carry this gene. Since the person you got her from didn't know how to tell whether she was a boy or girl, I'm not sure whether it makes sense to believe their story about the breeds of the parents... so I'd love to see pictures of the parents if you have them!

Mmabryxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is her mother and her mother was sick so that’s why I got her so young! And father is black long hair. Which he is part mainecoon not full he part mainecoon. His father genes took over cause he was black long haired. I do not have a picture of him. And it was a friend I got her from. The male she thought was a female that’s what they told her. Her bengal got pregant. She wanted to breed with a bengal but then this happened. So yeah it was a accident. But the best accident ever! I am obsessed with her 😍!

Attachments

Mmabryxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She goes to the vet today so!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The picture of mom does look like a Bengal. Did your friend originally plan to breed her when she got her? Is that still the plan, or maybe she is going to spay and neuter her cats now?

Mmabryxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The picture of mom does look like a Bengal. Did your friend originally plan to breed her when she got her? Is that still the plan, or maybe she is going to spay and neuter her cats now?
she is spaying both next week. They have appointments. Mother is full blooded bengal and she was going breed her with another male bengal she found a breeder with a male bengal. But then this happened my kitten was born December 30th she 7wks I got her Sunday of this past week so she was almost 7 weeks! She will be 8 weeks next week. She was the runt! That is her father.

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The fur on his tail is longish so yes, he'll be longhaired. It won't be super long, more of a medium length.