Sex of kitten - any help appreciated!!

Ghostemoji

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kitty is 11 weeks old.... and we aren't sure of the gender! Attached are some pics (included a pic of the nicer end, lol)

Thank you in advance for any help!!!

Attachments

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess is female, but not sure it's sometimes hard to say with long haired cats.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Floofy kitties are hard! But I'm pretty sure that's a boy. See how there's a lot of room in between the anus and the genital opening? That's where his testicles will come in (well, they've probably already dropped and are just very small still). Females don't have that space.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like a boy to me, too, although it's always harder to see clearly when kittens have such a cute fluffy butt!

Do you have an appointment yet for a vet checkup and kitten vaccinations? The vet can verify your kitten's gender. At 11 weeks old, he's old enough to get neutered soon, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghostemoji

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks like a boy to me, too, although it's always harder to see clearly when kittens have such a cute fluffy butt!

Do you have an appointment yet for a vet checkup and kitten vaccinations? The vet can verify your kitten's gender. At 11 weeks old, he's old enough to get neutered soon, too.
Hello!
We took kitty for 1st round of vaccinations already, the vet just asked my partner what the gender was and took his word for it. Next appointment for vaccines and discussion about spay/neuter isn't until November 20 - which is why I was posting this! So long to wait to gender confirm...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ghostemoji

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Floofy kitties are hard! But I'm pretty sure that's a boy. See how there's a lot of room in between the anus and the genital opening? That's where his testicles will come in (well, they've probably already dropped and are just very small still). Females don't have that space.
How long would it normally take for testicles to become visible? I've only ever had female cats! Thanks!

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a couple of fluffy butt cats that I named female names and they turned out to be males. I would certainly think your vet would look and hopefully know.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How long would it normally take for testicles to become visible? I've only ever had female cats! Thanks!
Testicles are very small at this age, too small to really see their outlines. You may be able to feel them if you gently palpate the scrotum, but at this age I can't usually feel much. They would feel like a couple of little jellybeans sliding around in there. Your vet will be able to feel them (assuming they have descended).

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I agree it also looks like a boy. The space and the shape of the opening below. The many pictures help!