several small bumps under skin on cats belly

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got my cat spayed recently 'less than a month ago' and i have noticed she has several bumps below her rib cage and some lower on the right side. These appear to be under the skin. I'm taking her to the vet next week but I'm trying to get an idea of what it might be before I go. I know in the thing it said I might notice a bump on her stomach after surgery so idk if she had a big one and it broke up into a bunch of smaller ones or what. I'm just hoping to hear from someone that has had a similar thing happen before.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, there are likely dissolvable sutures under the skin, so if the initial large lump went away, I imagine there would be some smaller once you are feeling with the scar tissue and everything underneath. But always good to have a vet follow up if there are any concerns.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If the small bumps aren't immediately beside the incision line, I am not sure I understand how they would be connected to that. But, if you can get a pic, and your vet will accept it via email, you could send it to them so they can take a look.