separation fears?????

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My sweet 6 month old male kitten "Little" has started this flying stunt that he only dose too me his siblings don't do this only him. It don't matter how far or close iam when Little sees me next thing I know he's flying through the air onto my head or back and even my chest.im home alot so I don't know why he clings to me in this way although it's kinda adorable

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He must like being near you.  Just be sure that since he is still young that he is not trying to jump too far where he would miss his target and hurt himself.  You might want to discourage the behavior by going to him and picking him up when he is about to jump.  Tell him firmly "NO" and then distract him with a toy.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Some cats are more clingy than others. This doesn't sound like classic separation anxiety, just a loving and attention-seeking cat.

SeventhHeaven

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When older he should give you a warning call, scold if timing is bad.   I invite the kitten onto my shoulder or where ever later at a better time they start to pick up on your body language. You might be interested in clicker training he  sounds very affectionate.

Cute babies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gatitasmami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a update my sweet little man is now a large very stocky and strong big ole baby. He still jumps on my back but he has learned to warn me but rather be carried like a baby over my shoulder. And reminds me of aactual baby he refuses to be put down at times by gripping on to me and as long as hes happy i dont mind,im basically home bound due to chronic illness so its nice to not be alone all day hes deffinetly found a permanent place in my heart.I havea husband and kids ect.. But he only dose this with me. Id love to know what his little half cry/sqeeky noise is he always uses to talk to me...