Sentry Purrscriptions plus-bad reviews, but have used it before, help!

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So I picked up a 6 month supply of Sentry Purrscriptions Plus today at Petsmart for Lily & Callie. I got this one because its for ticks too, and a lot are more geared towards fleas.  We are not having bad issues with fleas, its ticks. I've pulled ticks off both of them that they've brought in. So of course I googled the product. Bad reviews! Saying its killed a few cats, caused hair loss, seizures, you name it. But I used this same stuff a few months back with no adverse reactions, and did what it was supposed to do. Anyone else ever use this? Should I just use it again because it didnt bother them before? Maybe I worry too much, and google always has the worst case scenarios. :-\

Thanks for your input :)

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
Having seen cats that HAVE been poisoned by OTC flea/tick medication, I think the ONLY kind of topical medication that should be used is what you can purchase from a licensed vet.

happybird

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would return it to the store for a refund. That product in particular has a large number of complaints against it. Even if you used it before with no obvious physical effects, you can't see how your cats' liver and kidneys may have been affected by filtering out those chemicals :( It's scary stuff. Honestly, I cannot understand why it has not been recalled or banned :(

Last edited:

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Agree. They use chemicals that are toxic to cats as well as fleas and ticks.

They haven't recalled or banned these things, because people keep buying them. The corporations don't care if your pet dies, as long as they make a profit.