Senior cats eye becoming red-orangey?

riley_uriecorn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys, new to this website and was hoping someone could help me out. My cat is 14/15 years old and recently been having some problems with her eye. Occasionally it flares up and gets bad (as shown in the picture), then it will get a bit better again but not completely, there are some pinkish and reddish marks in her eye in different areas, and im not sure what this could be in terms of conditions, i know anterior uveitis is there, but I’m not sure what this could mean in her case specifically. She’s been a lot more vocal and clingy with me recently, although her eating and drinking habits haven’t changed she’s still eating and drinking a normal amount, she has no discharge from her eye, although does have some slight cataracts, although I’ve known that for a while. I’m just very confused. The pinkish bits in her eye have been there for around a month or two, although the reddening and discolouration has only started within the last week or two. Any ideas? And please don’t just say go to the vet, im not financially supported enough for the vets at the moment (im 18 and live with my parents who can barely support themselves)

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hey! I don't think anyone here can come up with a home remedy. And, it sounds like your cat has already been treated in the past for anterior uveitis. How long ago was that? Did the vet suggest a cause for it?

I am thinking from what all you are saying, that her condition has worsened, so the best I could advise you to do is send pics to the vet, tell them what you've told us, and see if they would be willing to prescribe something for her based on past history. Between this condition and her cataracts, she is going to lose her eyesight, but you don't want it to escalate to more than that.
Managing Uveitis in Dogs and Cats | Today's Veterinary Practice (todaysveterinarypractice.com)