Senior cats at play! Photo Thread

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just because cats get older and become seniors, doesn't mean that they stop having fun! They may enjoy a warm sunbeam a little more, or leisurely lounge about in your favorite chair for hours on end, but healthy senior cats still love to have a good time. They may play more gently or for shorter periods... but by Bast, they will play when the mood strikes!

Let's have a photo thread that shows off our older kitties still living it up and enjoying life... and still getting into mischief just like when they were kittens. If you have a senior cat-- older than 8 years old-- who still loves to play and be active, post a picture of them having fun here. Share your kitty's name and age as well! If your cat is "double digits", awesome! If your cat is "over 70" (that would be about 13 or so in real years)-- wonderful! If she's "over 80" (16 or beyond) and still spry-- that's a real accomplishment, and you've both done something really right-- and had some great luck to go with it.

To kick it off, here is Kirchen (1992-2006, hunts with StarClan now) and her favorite game of roller derby... at age 12

Skye, almost 14-- photos taken earlier this month, still on top of things:

I'd love to see other senior cats still going strong... bring it on!

~MackieMac

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's great to see your cats were/are so active as they age.

This is Gin kun. I'm not sure exactly how old he is as he used to be feral, but our vet thinks he's at least 13 now. His daughter, Sophie, is the point in the background.

Here he is teaching Hiro how to wrestle.

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wonderful thread! I guess no one told these senior kitties that they are over the hill.

@MackieMac - Kirchen looks so pleased with all that toilet paper.

@Norachan -Gin kun looks so spunky.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Awesome, Norachan-- pretty cats! I love to see them still spry, and from the looks of things, well able to defend themselves.

Thanks for sharing.