Senior cat stomach wound

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlmills

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. My 13 year old female cat has a wound on her stomach along with bruising. I’ve taken her to my vet and she thinks it could be allergies and my cat is causing the injuries. She gave her steroids and an antibiotic. It now about 2 weeks later — she has a recheck today — and it really doesn’t look better. In fact the wound was bleeding again (it may or may not be due to her possibly messing with it). I’m concerned this could be something really sinister. Any thoughts?

some more info: she is spayed, indoor only and I’ve had her since she was 7months old. She has never been seriously sick, but tends to stress out easily. She is acting normally — eating, drinking, etc.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the fact she has her recheck with the vet today is good. They will be able to tell you what is going on and possibly perform some tests. I dont know what it looks like so I think it best to talk to them to see what they say.. Do you have pictures? Pictures might help someone in giving advice or their personal experience.
Please keep us posted about the vet appointment I hope it goes well and they figure it out for your little lady.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rlmills

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think the fact she has her recheck with the vet today is good. They will be able to tell you what is going on and possibly perform some tests. I dont know what it looks like so I think it best to talk to them to see what they say.. Do you have pictures? Pictures might help someone in giving advice or their personal experience.
Please keep us posted about the vet appointment I hope it goes well and they figure it out for your little lady.
Unfortunately, it turned out she had hemangiosarcoma. She became very anemic and I had to let her go.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, it turned out she had hemangiosarcoma. She became very anemic and I had to let her go.
I am so sorry for your loss. If you would like to write a tribute to her you can in the forum page Crossing the Bridge.

Again I am so very sorry. She will always be with you. She is running around, happy and no longer in any pain. Keep the best memories of her with you wherever you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.