Senior Cat Question

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I am once again calling on all my cat gods and goddesses. I have a 14 year old cat. Just today when I touch his side up near his shoulder he meows and same when I pick hI'm up a certain way. I have noticed the 1 yr old Harley playing with him but as always I'm worried he is eating fine drinking fine no labored breathing just seems to be sore. Anyone else ever experienced this? Of course I always think the worst I was worried about maybe it was his kidney but maybe that's to high?

valentine319

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would take him in to the vet to have a check up and full blood panel. It'll just make sure what it is. It could be as simple as arthritis and the dr could advise and give medication. But a blood panel would make sure nothing else is going on.

I'm of course assuming this is constant and just a one day thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He was fine today when I left. I know he has been exercisin more with the new kitties running and playing. He hasn't had vomiting or diarrhea and he doesn't wince or meow everyone just in certain ways I pick him up or if I run too hard my family thinks I'm crazy lol he is all curled around sleeping just fine right this minute ugh I get so scared because I love them so much.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
valentine319 valentine319

He just went to stretch after waking up and he kinda freaked out so I think he hurt his hind leg :(. He went to stretch then stopped like oh crap and stopped.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When Pie started to show signs of arthritis she was always complaining when she was laying down. I could not touch her paws anymore and she did sometimes poop outside the litter box, but right infront of it. Like valentine319 recommended, i'd take him to the vet.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is doing better today not as tender and been up moving around eating drinking

ChaoticEva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would definitely call the vet and make an appointment. It could be something as simple as arthritis and him needing some meds (like glucosamine and chondroitin) or it could also be more serious, like a strained muscle/ligament. Nothing beats the reassurance of vets in a time where our kitties seem off or in pain!
And if you'd like, giving your cat glucosamine and chondroitin would be beneficial, even if it's just soreness. Senior cats can benefit quite a bit from take this supplement. You can do some research on that! I would, of course, 100% ask your vet first though. Never give a supplement without asking your vet for advice.

ghostly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cosequin was a lifesaver in my house, my 13 year old was having a really hard time even playing like a normal cat but now she's back to hopping three feet straight up, but I third, fourth, and fifth taking him to the vet. You just never know what's going on. Probably it is arthritis, but I've lost a dog to "probably" before.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is much better today up and moving around jumping eating demanding my attention lol .