Senior Cat Acting Odd Post Teeth Cleaning

Lisannez

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all our 13 year old female cat had her teeth cleaned under anesthesia on Tuesday, it’s now Saturday and she still does not seem to be herself. Normally she does fine with it. The doctor said she had a rough time and set peed in her crate, which she does not normally do. We gave her a bath when she got home which we do about once a year. She’s eating normally but not asking to be fed or waking us up for food. She vomited up some dry food this am but I think she just ate too fast and this is not uncommon. The weirdest thing is that her meow sounds different. Its weaker than it normally is and she leaves out a screeching meow when we pet her sometimes. She also is less active and sociable. My fiance says not to worry it’s no big deal, but I know this cat. She does not have a fever and is having normal bowel movements. I want to call the vet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with you. THIS IS NOT NORMAL. Call the vet. Tell the fiancée that he is flat wrong. And if the vet dismisses your concerns, FIND ANOTHER VET! Tell that vet (or yours) EVERYTHING you just told us, especially the screeching meow. This sounds like a cat in pain. But please don't wait.

And please, please let us know how your cat is doing.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, did they take x-rays when she had her teeth cleaned and, if so, what did they show? Did they comment if she had any tartar on her teeth? You know your cat best and if she's acting strange I agree with Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 definitely call the vet.