• They aren't OSH

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, they aren’t oriental shorthairs. The head and ears are all wrong.

I strongly encourage you to find a kitten with a rescue or shelter. Supporting backyard breeders is not in the best interest of the kittens/cats and you will very rarely get what you are told you are getting. If you have your heart set on a specific breed the best way to find it is to go to cat shows. Talk the breeders at the show and find the right breeder for you. That way you are getting a good quality kitten in the specific breed you want that really is that breed and not just a girl or lookalike (or bad lookalike in this case).

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I agree they’re not Orientals. Orientals have a wedge-shaped head, large ears, a slender body, and long legs. To find Orientals in your area, the best place to meet reputable breeders and learn more about the breed is to go to a cat show. Here are the calendars for CFA and TICA shows:

Show Calendar

Cat Shows - Official TICA Show Calendar

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
At this age not easy to see. Kittens tends to see teddy bear alikes.
That said I agree with the others.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They could be old style orientals. And as said, with kittens that age not easy to see. Russian Blue kittens are not always apparent they are RB. We know it because they are purebred...

laughingduck

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I see a lot of people in my area selling “bengals” which are clearly not bengals. Can you ask to see their papers? If they are purebred the parents should have papers.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The seller isn't even smart enough to pass them off as what they look like, lol. They could definitely pass the kitties off as Russian Blues, or British Shorthairs. But they're definitely not Orientals!

I read somewhere that 80% of online puppy ads are fraudulent :/. I assume the percentage is similar for kittens too. Be careful! Always ask to see all their papers, etc.

MissMiloPuss

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No they do not look Oriental. They look like British shorthair or Russian blue . Beven careful with breeders because there are so many bad ones who put money first. The Internet ads are full of fake Bengals. Common tabbies being advertised as Bengals. Many of These animals will come from Kitty mills and will be in poor health physically and psychologically. Always buy from a registered breeder and make sure you see papers proving pedigree and certificates of vaccinations