Selling my engagement rings

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Shell, haven't you figured out that we ALL have a "Bill"?

As for your dilemma: put the rings up on E-Bay. What have you got to lose? You won't get what you paid for them but, you'll be able to cut your losses.

As for the dress - is there a good consignment shop, in your town? We have some upscale ones, here that sell high-end designer clothes (some never worn). Otherwise, put it on E-Bay, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I might try the EBay thing! As for the dress, we don't have a consignment store here in my town. I might make some ad's up again and post them around town. It is wedding season once again...maybe someone will inquire about it. I also found a picture on the Net that looks quite similar to mine...It's so beautiful! But I'll never wear it...only tried it on twice!!

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww Shell, thanks for sharing with us! I'm sorry that you had to go through that bad experience, but it's definitely better to have happened that way than if you had married him and then realized after what a jerk he would be. I'm glad you're with a nice guy now who will treat you right!

The dress is beautiful! I would think you'd be able to sell it. For the ring, is there any way to put it on E-bay but put a minimum price you'd accept for it? Then if it didn't reach that you would be able to keep it and try something else.

Let us know how it goes!

billchamb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Crap! I've been busted leading a double life!

Do you have any idea how hard it is to commute between Nebraska and Pennsylvania?!?! Well, do you?! (hehehehahahahahehehe)

Shell, very brave of you to share such a tragic story, but at least you lived to tell it.

Anyway, I'll re-cast my vote that you have the stones removed, made into other jewelry and enjoy them, but hey!...I'm just a guy who doesn't have an emotional tie to any of it.

Happy to hear things are turning around for you Shell.

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Bill!
You totally cracked me up!! Too funny...

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shell~

Before I read the other responses my thought was to have the stone reset and wear the damn thing. You DID pay for it, and you say you like it. I keep meaning to have my engagement ring reset......just never get around to it. Or seel it. Why should you keep it hanging around when you will never use it for its original intent?

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm taking the time to figure out how the whole Ebay thing works...maybe I could get lucky? If that falls through, I might just keep them until I want to cashing them in to upgrade on a bigger & better ring. Could you imagine the rock I could get? Now..if I can only get my BF to do his part!LOL!

Thank you everyone...You've all be a great help!