Selena

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Glad all is well. Take the collar off mom until the babies are older. They can get caught up in it and possibly injured when crawling on her. See that mom has plenty of food and water nearby. :)

Kittycatcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sounds like Selena did Amazing! Sorry to hear that one baby didn't make it, how sad 😢. I'd let mama settle down and rest with her babies now and then maybe start weighing them in a day or two.
Yes do make sure she has everything she needs nearby has she'll probably be reluctant to leave her nest, if she doesn't want to leave her babies to eat offer food by hand, I had to do this with my mama cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys everyone is doing well. Momma is taking good care of her babies, and they seem to be eating well. I'm going to weigh them later tonight.
20200821_151232_001.jpg

Baby 1
20200821_152235_004.jpg

Baby 2
20200821_151750_045.jpg

Baby 3. Already starting to open it's eyes!!!
20200821_151041.jpg

Sleepy time. 🥰
20200821_153243.jpg

What a good mama. ❤

I'm pretty sure babies 1&2 are girls. Very sure baby 3 is a boy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bookishkitty597

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
New Update!
⚠ Some content may upset viewers. Read at your own risk. ⚠
Hey guys. So I figured I'd give you all an update of my ex best friends cat and her babies. So one of the kittens went to live with my ex friends mom. She has been named Cricket, but also responds to Misses, and Baby. She loves her big brother Pete, a beagle my ex friends parents adopted a few years ago, and stealing hair ties. She loves them so much her mom and dad go by the dollar tree so Cricket can have her very own. She is loved very much, and is well taken care of. The other cat's I'm afraid, have not been faring as well. My ex friend was irrationally upset that her mom had one of the kittens, even though she told her mom she could have one, and proceeded to ice me out of her life for a year. She would pretend she didn't know me if we bumped into each other, ignore me, and/or run away as fast as she could. In that time, she took no responsibility for her pets. She hasn't taken any of them to the vet, and has refused to get any of the cats fixed. She already had a male cat named Zues at home, who she got from a shelter, who was already fixed, so no problem there. However I was right, and one of the kittens was a boy. Because of her irresponsibility he got his sister, and mother pregnant. His sister birthed six kittens, and his mom, Selena, three. Then my ex friend came home one day, and found one of the kittens dead, and partially eaten. She did finally get into contact with me, almost a year later, only to ask if I would take the extra kittens to the shelter for her. She had apparently tried to go with her Dad, and they couldn't bring them to the shelter in the town I live in because they live in another county a town over. So he took her to the next town over. But when she was told that the kittens there are fostered before being adopted she ripped the application for the shelter up. Claiming she, "didn't have time to fill out papers." I feel really bad for the poor babies, but want nothing to do with her. I'm still close friends with her parents though, and they see me like another daughter. They have advised me not to get involved, even though it really hurts my heart not to help the kitty's. Sorry this update doesn't have quite a happy ending for all the babies involved. Will update again as I hear things through the grape vine.

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What an awful, awful person. It sounds like she was never remotely fit to take care of even one cat, let alone 11(?!!!?!?!). I would honestly involve animal control at this point, there is zero percent chance the cats are receiving proper care and her irresponsibility coupled with what seem like a host of personality disorders could easily lead to a cat hoarding situation very quickly. Check with the city ordinances; it's likely they require all pets have up-to-date rabies vaccines and would not take kindly at all to this situation.