Seizure related to raw?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
S
In the store it says 80/10/10 on the freezer doors...
So I called into the manufacturer today and found that the product is necks and backs of turkeys or chicken, which is then ground with organ meat added. I am actually thinking it is too much bone?
I appreciate everyone's help. I am trying to do what is best for my kitties!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
S

So I called into the manufacturer today and found that the product is necks and backs of turkeys or chicken, which is then ground with organ meat added. I am actually thinking it is too much bone?
I appreciate everyone's help. I am trying to do what is best for my kitties!
Sorry, been at school all day. That does sound like a lot of bone and organ compared to meat. Frankly, I'd look into premixes like TC Feline and make my own using the premix and meat. One of the TC Feline varieties requires you to buy liver too, so it depends on which one you get. I like knowing what's in my cats' food.

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry, been at school all day. That does sound like a lot of bone and organ compared to meat. Frankly, I'd look into premixes like TC Feline and make my own using the premix and meat. One of the TC Feline varieties requires you to buy liver too, so it depends on which one you get. I like knowing what's in my cats' food.
Thank you!

thecatlady3

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
TC feline is like an hour from where I live!
Might be a good place to start for me :)
Thanks!!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
And... I'd question the "10% organ". I assume the other 10% is bone and the 80% is meat/protein: how much of that 10% is liver and how much is secreting organ.
If I lived close to Hare Today, I'd definitely drive there to pick up some goodies :)
I am able to get some unusual organs from the local Farmer's Market; she feeds her cats raw so has no problem saving chicken lungs for me. And I can special order other organs.