Seasonal Allergies-- Goin to the Dr tomorrow

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wish me luck--

ive never had allergies before moving to Houston. I was complaining about it last week that what seems to be seasonal allergies have magically appeared and my coworkers said that over 75% of people who live in houston will at sometime develop seasonal allergies. And ya know what... I found a news article and a study that say the same thing!

UGHH ive been miserable for going on two weeks now. Coughing due to post nasal drainage, stuffy nose, itchy throat (it just started) runny nose, my voice has been yucky since it all started and congestion bad enough i want to take a spoon and just dig it all out. (Ok nasty visual-- sorry guys!

Im seeing an allergist tomorrow. They said i sounded so bad on the phone that they want me to come in and get it under control before they test for things. Ive been taking bunches (up to 6) claritins a day (with no drowsy side effects) and am on my 3rd and final day of Afrin nose spray. Its affecting my sleep at nite to the point that Im lucky if i have had over 2 consecutive hours of sleep since last monday per nite.

I hate being medicated but i cannot live like this! uggh seasonal allergies SUCK!!!

anyone else have seasonal allergies?

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never had any allergy problems when I lived in St. Louis, but about 6 months after moving to Dallas Tx. myself and my son had all of the miserable symptoms, and we are both on medications to control our symptoms. Good luck at the Dr. tomorrow, and hopefully you will start feeling better soon.