Seal Point?

Bratcat31

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Curious what coat pattern/color my little dude has. Fever coat is possible as his mother was exceptionally sick when she was pregnant with with him and his black and black and white brothers both have fever coat. He doesn't seem to as much so though, but it may be because his overall coloring is so much lighter.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he does look like a seal point and white kitten. Was he white at birth?

With so much white on him, he probably has two copies of the white spotting gene. The colored areas on his body will look more dramatic as these areas darken up with maturity. He's very cute :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bratcat31

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, he does look like a seal point and white kitten. Was he white at birth?

With so much white on him, he probably has two copies of the white spotting gene. The colored areas on his body will look more dramatic as these areas darken up with maturity. He's very cute :redheartpump:
Not sure on birth color. When I got him he was listed at 10 days but he was probably closer to 2 weeks. This is him on day one of me getting him home.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are a beautiful group :)

I think he is seal point and white from the pictures. The color and shading looks more seal point and white rather than black and white with fever coat. Also, if he were black and white with fever coat, by this time you would expect to see more darkening in the color similar to the brothers.

We can infer that both dad and mom carry colorpoint. Dad probably has one copy of the white spotting gene, so he would have some white markings, but not as much as to be mostly white. Some likely colors for dad could have been black and white, blue and white, seal point and white, or blue point and white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bratcat31

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are a beautiful group :)

I think he is seal point and white from the pictures. The color and shading looks more seal point and white rather than black and white with fever coat. Also, if he were black and white with fever coat, by this time you would expect to see more darkening in the color similar to the brothers.

We can infer that both dad and mom carry colorpoint. Dad probably has one copy of the white spotting gene, so he would have some white markings, but not as much as to be mostly white. Some likely colors for dad could have been black and white, blue and white, seal point and white, or blue point and white.
As always, thank you for your time and amazing knowledge!!