Scrapbook Had Pictures Of Cats Who Have Passed

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Deb has been on a cleaning frenzy lately, going through old papers and getting rid of what is mostly junk, but we found a scrapbook that she had made years ago for me for Father's day, and when I looked at it 3 of the cats in there have been gone for years now, Simon, Sebastian and Skipper, but I could look at them now and while yes it still brought on some feelings of pain it wasn't nearly as bad as it had been in the past, so I just wanted to pass that on to those on here who are having a very tough time dealing with loss either recently or from years past, it loses a lot of it's "sting" with time, it still is unpleasant but it is much more watered down.

And the funny thing was as soon as I saw a picture of Simon who was our tuxedo for a second my mind thought "that's Sylvester", but I knew it wasn't him, but that just proves once again to me how much he resembles him and Sebastian, and when I saw Sebastian a few pages later I said "and he's him, too", so it is a wonderful living tribute to those two boys and to Sylvester too.

I hope that this is okay, just wanted to share this little story, and let those know it will be okay with time to see and remember your little loved ones. :rbheart:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, it is wonderful you are sharing that time does help to heal a broken heart. I too have albums with just cats, I feel so torn when I look back through the years. Happy, sad, wondering what happened to all of the ones I found homes for, and most of all heartache for the ones I could not save, or those who passed on. Life moves on, and us with it......

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had some old Floppy Disks (remember the stone age when Floppy Disk digital cameras were a thing?) converted to CD. Man oh man. I cried like a baby.
What was the worst was a dog that we had that was very old and getting very ill and losing weight rapidly, and on this disk was pictures of him at 8 weeks old, fat, sassy, playful and happy. That was rough, seeing them "here and now" as old, sick and tired but finding lost baby pictures of them anything but. That kind of hit me like someone wearing steel toed boots got a cheap shot in...