Scottishfold limping. Osteochondrodyplasia?

Baiba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. My scottisfold girl is only 9 months old, but before 1 month she start to limp with one front leg after long sleeping. After a few steps, everything was fine.
After consulting my vet already one month we take glucosamine. Some days everything was ok. Last week limping has intensified.
We think about x-rays to make a diagnosis as soon as possible.
Maybe someone has had a similar situation with so young cat? Any recommendations ?
IMG_6409.JPG

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry to hear that your cat is suffering from osteochondrodysplasia. In addition to the glucosamine, you might consider using a NSAID such as meloxicam or firocoxib. Radiation therapy has also been discussed in the literature as a possible way of managing this condition. Here are some links to papers that might be helpful.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Since she has not been definitively diagnosed yet, yes, x-rays, and as soon as you can manage it. IF that is the diagnosis, then lutece lutece has given you some excellent starting points. Please let us know what the diagnosis is, and how she is getting along.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since she has not been definitively diagnosed yet, yes, x-rays, and as soon as you can manage it. IF that is the diagnosis, then lutece lutece has given you some excellent starting points. Please let us know what the diagnosis is, and how she is getting along.
Although it would be helpful to get x-rays, my understanding is that all Scottish Folds have osteochondrodysplasia, the only question is how severely the condition affects the cat at the moment, and whether the current limping is due to this condition. Looking at the ears is enough to diagnose the cat with osteochondrodysplasia.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks, lutece lutece , for that information. I know basically what it is, and that it is genetic, but that's about all. Appreciate the additional information.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Baiba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We were on an x-ray, but nothing appeared. It's good, but however, this is not a very clear diagnosis
Soon we will be 1 year old. Every day she limps after sleeping, but little bit. She tries to stretch and then it is ok. It looks like she have problem with ligaments or looks like hers front legs are shorter...
She is active, go outside, but relatively quickly get tired, and start to walk with stiffer legs (little bit).
IMG_7068.JPG