Scooting

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 1 year old spayed female cat has scooted a few times, she is wormed and seems to be in good health.

I tend to spoil her by giving her Webbox type treats, two or three a day, could this be the issue.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be an issue with the anal glands. They could simply be full and feeling uncomfortable or they could be impacted and infected. A vet would be able to check the glands and empty them or prescribe treatment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It could be an issue with the anal glands. They could simply be full and feeling uncomfortable or they could be impacted and infected. A vet would be able to check the glands and empty them or prescribe treatment.
Thank you for the reply, other than scooting is there any sign that there is an anal glands problem.

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

jeannem

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With dogs, scooting is happens when the anal sacks are full. I don't know enough about cats to be sure. This the first I have heard of scooting. (this is the start of my 2nd week of being ruled by a cat;)
j

Dave2006

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
With dogs, scooting is happens when the anal sacks are full. I don't know enough about cats to be sure. This the first I have heard of scooting. (this is the start of my 2nd week of being ruled by a cat;)
j
You are in for some fun, they never fail to amaze and amuse.