Scented cat shampoo

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I did some searching on forum and I see some people use dish soap, some use this earth bath stuff but nobody could find a link for it, and I've read hartz is bad for cats.
So anyone know where I can find this earth bath stuff? Any other brand suggestions? Anyone have a brand that they prefer? And have a link for it?

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I believe Dawn soap is okay, at least they use it on birds.
But I have to ask: why do you need to bath your cat? Cats usually do a good job of washing on their own. And generally hate baths.
Maybe stinky poop stuck on the behind?
Personally, I would use warm (not hot) water on a soft as possible cloth and lightly rub the offending area. Hopefully your cat won't put up too much of a fight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats actually enjoy the water. Every shampoo we ever used just smells like chemicals. Warm water that's not too hot or too cold works fine. They are brother sister cats so they do clean each other a ton. I just notice after a good brushing and a bath I have a lot less cat hair around then just brushing alone. They smell cleaner and feel softer after a fresh bath. It's not unusual for them to spy on you in the shower either, go figure. I just thought it'd be nice to have them have a good smelling scent. Obviously without harming them in any way!!!

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tropiclean shampoo for pets in Papaya. Smells sooooo good and is safe for cats.