Scary find about human-grade lysine - comments?

hey jude

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sneezing with a little bit of blood through the nose is a fairly common side effect of a bad upper respiratory infection. When I adopted one of my kitties, he was doing that as well as coughing. Once we got the upper respiratory infection cleared up, he was totally fine. I use L lysine from whole foods. it is 500 mg human strength and pretty pure, vegetarian capsules. One of my other cats is older and has congestion problems at times. I use the lysine if it gets bad but most of the time he can be cleared up just using Jarrow formulas lactoferrin. It's much safer than extended use of L-lucine. Hope this helps

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What concentration would you put in their water, ann2tie713? I don't know how much water an average cat drinks in a day, even, though you'd think I might since I have so many. I figure that all of mine have herpes, though very few show symptoms.
I'm surprised ann2tie713's vet suggested adding to water as this would result in a very unpredictable does being consumed by the cat.  Adding the reccommended dose for your cat in to wet food would be more reliable, as others such as GoHolistic has suggested earlier in this thread.