Scarf And Barf

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will, when Oliver was put on the blue buffalo sensitive he transition fast with zero diarrhea but he regurgitates it 90 percent more then on the royal canin urinary so..A lot less with the raise bowl until last night and this morning.

Allie got diarrhea right off the bat cause i gave her too much, so i slow transition her and had firm stools. Now she has semi diarrhea all week..

Thank god I have the purina urinary(corn fillers) I ordered from amazon and both like it.

Wish me luck, I bet the blue is causing allies diarrhea and olivers regurgitation..I Hope!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
As I said in an earlier post (you may have missed it), Oliver - and now even perhaps Allie - should be seen by a vet.

Awww - so sorry to hear that. Are you going to try to feed Oliver less in one feeding and increase the number of feedings he gets? Is his dish a slow feeder one? If not, you might need to try that as well.

Tbh, if none of this works, you are going to have to take him to the vet for a full check-up/blood panel - if you haven't already. You can't really take the chance of him losing weight like he did before. Steroids, should the vet want to go down that route - as you are concerned about - should be temporary while they search for the real cause.

And, if you are worried the default diagnosis is going to be IBD, you might want to consider a second vet opinion. You can always ask for copies of Oliver's records from your current vet to give a new vet, at least reducing some of testing duplication costs.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update!!!

I switched both my cats to Iams Urinary Kibble...Oliver has completly stopped all regurgitation/hairballs/vomit..

Not only that but I can feed him a lot of kibble at one serving and he has zero regurgitation...He could barely eat a tablespoon of blue buffalo and he would puke 2 min after and lost 6 ounces of weight as a result!

Blue buffalo gave him Oliver severe regurgitation/overgrooming/itchiness, he got bad constipation a week after stopping blue buffalo that costed me 300$

Blue buffalo gave Allie severe diarrhea/itchiness

All problems besides constipation ceased to exist on both cats once off blue buffalo

They no longer overgroom or scratch

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Olivers dumb, I bust out cans and he starves rather then eats eat...

And Allie is refusing her wet food all of a sudden so I literally throw canned food in the trash after well over 8 hours left out

I got a arsenal of canned foods, expensive to cheap, its like throwing my money straight in the dam trash can

I have a bunch of fussie cat canned im going to open for Oliver, im fairly certain they are all destined for the trash can at like what $1.75 a can

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That sucks!! Maybe you can test some things like pouch gravies or even canned tuna water and add a bit to the dry just to see what happens?? Maybe over time they could start to adjust to some added moisture to the dry.

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Canned gravy? Any recommendation as he loves gravy, he laps up the fancy feast gravy but always barfes it up as he cannot tolerate fancy feast