Scaredy cat

maple syrup

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,
I'm new here. We have a new little boy in our home. His name is Kipper and he is a 4 month old Siamese. He is shaping up to be an awesome addition to our family. I have 2 young boys (4 and 7) and my 4 year old can pick him up and cart him off anywhere in all sorts of ways as he tries to figure out the best way to carry a cat, and Mr Kipper is just fine with it. They have become great pals, and they cozy up for bed every night together.

Today however, he was underfoot, as always, and my 4 year old accidentally stepped on his paw! He let out a little yelp and ran, but all afternoon and evening he's been acting really strange. Plus we live in an old herritage house with double hung windows, and I've been working on window gates (serving a dual purpose of propping the window open while keeping Kipper in). He is now basically scared of his shadow, walking the perimeter instead of through the room, not eating, creeping around sniffing the floor, at one point he was sniffing the carpet by the door and getting really Scared so much that he backed himself into the corner with a freaked out look on his face. When he found the window (that he's been longing to escape from) open, but not. He was totally obsessed with it, the 'wild' meow came out again, so I ended up having to close it again.

I was able to get him to eat a couple of bites while sitting in my lap just now with his dish in my hand (he's raw fed so isn't really hand feedable)
I really feel for him. Will this pass?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It takes a kitten a few days to get over being stepped on. Just keep reassuring him and giving him extra attention. Also, he is starting to get the first little blast of male hormones. Have him neutered very soon. You don't want him to start spraying and howling.