Scabs on Cat Nose - Recurring

g2u3c4c5i

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! This story starts a while back, I’ll try to explain from the beginning.

In around late 2016, my cat had developed a little scabby rash down the side of her nose. I was not sure how it developed so I took her to the vet; they basically told us it was self-inflicted (which I do not believe) and prescribed an antibiotic. It cleared up in a few weeks and that was that.

In August the following year (2017), it came back. It was slightly less noticeable and cleared up again in a few weeks, no intervention from me at all.

Two years later in August 2019, the rash is back. This time we go to another vet, she suggests it may be a mild allergic reaction but it was too late to tell, because the rash had cleared up again by the time we brought her in.

Now in 2021, I can see it faintly developing again for the fourth time.

I’ve attached a picture, what could this be that it’s recurring every 1-2 years? Does this sound like an allergic reaction? Could it possibly be ringworm?

I’m not too too worried since it’s always cleared up on it’s own, but if it is something like ringworm, I’d want to address it.

Thanks for reading!
531F2970-6264-4EBE-91F7-9B252C1324E4.jpeg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Although it hasn't happened every year, it would still seem like it might be some sort of seasonal allergy. And, given conditions can change from year to year, making things like pollen worse or better, that could explain why you don't see it recur every single year.