Scab Over Sutures

Lil Dude

Cat Enthusiast
Adult Cat
Purraise
So earlier this month, my Colby limped into my camper with a completely limp paw. My first thought was "I closed her paw in the door!" So I rushed her back to my mother's house to let her look at it. Upon inspection, we noticed there was also a seeping, foul smelling hole in her chest. Then I thought "a dog attacked her". So I contacted one of my cat rescue friends and was told to take her to the vet asap. Well, it was Saturday night . So we had to wait until Monday morning. I leave her there with them for x-rays and in a few hours I'm told that Colby had been shot in the chest. It went through to her right leg and complete shattered the humerus, and her arm had to be amputated up to the scapula. Who did this? I have no idea. I live in a small community where every home has cats. So we went on, taking every day as it came at us. A few of her stitches opened at one point and we got them sewn up again. Well, now a week later I noticed a scab that has formed over the stitches. A few of the stitches are actually going through the scab. I don't know if this is a natural part of the healing process, if the scab is covering a hole from opened stitches, or if this is even a scab at all or just dirt and hair. I'm afraid to clean it in case I irritate it. I just want some advice on what it could be and what we should do.
IMG_20190820_233343.jpg

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Colby what a terrible thing to happen to her. If your vet will accept the photo, send it to him to look at. Please keep us updated