Scab on kitten's tummy a month and a half after spay

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, everyone. There's something I've been wondering about for a while now. My little girl was spayed on August 23rd and has overall healed up nicely However, a couple weeks ago, I noticed she still has a scab-like thing on her tummy. When I feel it, it feels like it goes maybe an eight of an inch into her skin, almost as if it were a splinter or something. I figured this was just a normal part of the healing process (pretty much every cat I've had spayed recently is a foster and they usually go back to the shelter within a few days or so), but it's still there, more-or-less unchanged. It's not swollen, red, or oozing pus, nor is it bothering her. It just doesn't seem to be going away. I've attached a picture, though I'm not sure it's the best quality.
16C3B6E8-D773-4CB5-9897-5AAD76A6E1B4_1_105_c.jpeg

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Odd, and not something I've seen.
I wonder if it's a stitch that didn't dissolve, or, if they weren't dissolving stitches, that was missed?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ColoradoCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Odd, and not something I've seen.
I wonder if it's a stitch that didn't dissolve, or, if they weren't dissolving stitches, that was missed?
A stitch that didn't dissolve would probably make the most sense. I believe the cat shelter's vets usually opt for dissolving stitches as it's easier on us that way (Cassie's a foster fail). I'll call up my vet and ask them to take a look.