Saying Goodbye To Fosters

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You are only a couple days away from the vet, so unless something changes drastically I would agree with holding the line and using the same food until then.

There are rescues which are better run than this shelter and you might be able to find one which is supportive and appreciative of all your work and effort for those little guys.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Fina's Mom. I'm sure Perrin will be fine until you get him to the vet.

You could ask the vet for some metronidazole once there. It works wonders for kitten and adult cat diarrhea, and it's great to have on hand.

Glad to hear he's adjusting.

Let us know what the vet says.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aj2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
CE752F89-87C5-4BE3-B536-B9FD9AE0343D.jpeg
Thank you everyone! Lavishsqualor, I didn’t see your message until today, so I didn’t ask about that medicine. But that’s good to know in case the diarrhea doesn’t clear up!

Perrin had his vet visit today and it went really well. He tested negative for FIV and FeLV, so yay! He still has had loose stool, not completely diarrhea but not firm like it should be. I brought in a stool sample so I should hear results tomorrow morning. The vet also gave me some probiotics as well, which could be helpful to his digestive tract. The vet said he seemed very healthy otherwise, and we came up with a plan for when Perrin gets his last round of vaccines from the shelter in about a week. He had a nasty reaction the last time (104.5 fever ) so this time I’m going to stop by my vet to get some Benadryl and an injection of another type of medicine to help prevent the fever spike before his vaccination.

I’ll let you guys know about his stool sample when he gets that back. Thanks again!

Aj2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Apparently I spoke too soon. Perrin’s vet visit went well, but this afternoon he seemed more calm than normal, and now is lethargic and has a 103 fever :( I have no idea what would cause that...he didn’t get any vaccines at the vet or anything. Sigh. Positive vibes would be great. I’m feeling discouraged and tomorrow night I’m leaving for vacation and having multiple friends come check in on him. Feeling stressed.

Aj2015

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He said doing much better. He is eating and energetic, back to himself. And his stool was normal yesterday! So I’m hopeful we will have some normalcy here for a while haha. Thank you for asking!

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awe that's awesome! I'm so glad to hear it. I was worried about him since you were going to be gone. That is one seriously cute kitten snuggled up there in that white blanket!

He's a lucky boy to have you.