Say Hello to Pandora

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pandora1.jpg pandora2.jpg
This little girl was born outside, and is approximately 11 weeks old now. She has an upper respiratory infection, and so she remains in isolation until she kicks that. She did get her first vaccine.

Isolation in my house means that she's living in my bathroom (accessed through my bedroom, to prevent accidental mingling). Pandora really shows off her predator nature when playing with the wand toy--I got something that is sort of bird like with ribbons for the tail and feathers for the wings--she ignores those and goes straight for the neck with a bite. With me, she likes to cuddle or climb up my arm to go behind my head.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
SO sweet. Can’t wait to see more photos down the line. Would love to know more about her backstory…did you trap her, get her from a shelter? What are you feeding her?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Trapped her--her mother started showing up with the other cats of the tiny colony between my neighbor's house and my house. Mom was visibly pregnant until the first week of May, my first sighting was around mid-June.

I am currently offering her Blue Buffalo dry kitten food (which she eats) and trying to find a wet food that she will like (so far offered Sheba kitten and one flavor of Fancy Feast--I have three more options to go. She also figured out the water fountain is for drinking from, rather than playing in. She's doing well as far as filling the litterbox.

Only took two days for her to quit hiding behind the toilet. I have a cabinet style vanity, which I emptied out and put towels in for her (one door open, one door shut).

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Pandora is an adorable kitten. :cutecat: It sounds like her prey instincts have kicked in too. Do you know what happened to the other tiny cats in the colony?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

allmykitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, I think Pandora is a last survivor of her litter. I had found a dead kitten on my driveway on May 9th. Based on the chart How Old Is That Kitten? Kitten Progression: At-a-Glance, I'm estimating kitten was somewhere between newborn and three days, which also scanned with Char no longer appearing pregnant around the end of the first week of May. (Mother is a solid dark gray, initially Charcoal until I determined that the cat is female; not that she answers to it, but if I can get her in the trap, that's the name she'll get at the vet.) There had been another gray kitten that I saw the first time I saw Pandora, but I haven't seen that one since around the 4th of July. There may have been others in the litter, but Pandora and the gray one were the only ones that I saw alive.