Sardines!

quickbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've been full on raw feeding now for two weeks. I'm still experimenting with how much bone to give my boy but otherwise its been smooth sailing!

I'm feeding an egg yolk a week, however I cannot find no salt sardines anywhere, nor salmon in water. Is there anything else I can feed instead, I'd rather not do the supplement route if I can help it.

Quickbeam

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What about mackerel? Oh, and have you checked the frozen section at ethnic stores? The Asian markets around me have frozen raw fish like mackerel and sardines and smelt? I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

quickbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I didn't realise I could give him mackerel! I will have a look for that too! Are there other fish I could give him as well?>

quickbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just to update...I found some salt free sardines in water!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
happybird - if you live close to a Trader Joe's (I think there's one in Fairfax) they have some salt-free sardines. :)

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I have also seen them in Giant food stores, in a package similar to what tuna fish salad comes in (this type of package, not metal). Not sure if salt free, however.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you get Brunswick sardines there? That's what l buy (they're Canadian), and the can says, "Sardines, Spring water".

quickbeam

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happybird I'm in England, but as Andrya says ive heard of the brunswick ones in the states