Sarah's 20 Today

ericsmom1000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is my orange girl Sarah's twentieth birthday. I adopted her at three months old when she was dumped at my former church. It was a hot August day, and someone drove up, tossed her out, and drove away. A member of the men's group who was hosting a barbecue after mass saw this occur. He fed her, and provided shelter to keep her out of the heat. No one wanted her, so I took her, with my landlord's consent. Two years later, I took in another orange cat abandoned by his owners. I named him Eric, after the Viking, Eric the red. He was sick with an upper respiratory infection. Sarah at first deeply resented this intruder into her universe, but they are now inseparable. Sarah was named after a famous redhead, Sarah Ferguson, The Duchess of York. The name means "princess," and my girl is certainly Her Royal Highness! I am so grateful she is in good health, and is able to celebrate two decades of life. She and Eric will be getting cans of albacore tuna for dinner. Sarah had people salmon for breakfast, and Eric had canned chicken. He doesn't like salmon. Happy Birthday, Sarah -- your mother loves you so much!