Sam- any ideas what he may be?

quinnfahey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted my beautiful cat from a shelter when he was just 8 weeks old. He grew so fast and is probably one of the softest cats ever. Very friendly and affectionate. I've wondered what kind of breed he may be (I know it's most likely a mix as he has no known heritage)
I've searched what breeds have the marbled swirls like he does, and all I got was bengals, and maine coons. Could he possibly be a mix of one of those?
Very loving and very loyal! He's favourites myself over my boyfriend and cuddles all the time :)

IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am not sure about the breed but he sure is a cute one ..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I presume he is a medium haired domestic. Possibly even long haired.

The pattern is called for classical tabby.   Called also for marbled, and other names happens too.

In some languages, for example in Sweden, it is THE tabby.  Mackerel tabby are called for striped cats, or tiger patterned cats... So them arent tabbies in Sweden...

Verry sweet boy.  You can perhaps compare him with somewhat look alike a Maine Coon, especially if he grows big.   But real common heritage with MCO isnt at all sure.

Classical tabby arent that uncommon (and most often they are shorthaired).   And the longhair gene isnt unusual either.

The possibility of common heritage with a bengal is verry low, however.

Ps.  I see and understand you did made a real bargain at this shelter.     :)

Good luck!