safest wire for nightime enclosure

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi right now we have our kitten in a room just outside our bedroom. It has a window and everything. Thing is when ever I get up to go to the bathroom at night he try's to run in our room and I have trouble grabbing him. We dont want him in our room for allergy reasons and he is happy enough in this room untill we walk in or out then he follows us . Just wondering the safest kind of wire or cage material so he wont get his nails caught. My husband is great at building.

This just for night time and he wont be in there other than that. There is NO place else to leave him at night without him getting into trouble. 

ThanksElinor

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe I'm missing something but does the room your kitten is in have a door that you can shut? 

In so far as wire/cage material, there is screening specifically for pets.

Your husband can build a door with this type of screening, so your kitten can see in/out.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The brandname for the right kind of mesh in the UK is Twilweld.  Each joint between the across and upright wires is welded.  It might be under a different name in the US which since you don't say is where I presume you are.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maybe I'm missing something but does the room your kitten is in have a door that you can shut? 

In so far as wire/cage material, there is screening specifically for pets.

Your husband can build a door with this type of screening, so your kitten can see in/out
The room has two doors. One go's into the room and it is a small room with a window. Then there is another door off that room and that is to our bedroom We dont want him running around the whole house at night so we keep him in the small room off our room. We have a weird house.

Anyway thanks for the input and advice to all

Elinor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

el60

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WE have just built a room in the basement with a heat vent and a dry core wood floor and dry wall etc. Just need to paint it. We threw a big old rug down and he can play all night down there. He seems to like it as he does not cry. We hope to still get him a friend and they can both play down there together.We are going to the humane today to take a look at a kitten there around his age.An orange tabby.:-)

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Glad the new room is working for you and kitty.
:cross: for adopting another kitty. Be sure to read the TCS articles about introducing cats before you bring the new one home.