Safest flea treatment for young cat

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A friend who fosters cats and works closely w. local shelters, recommended cheristin for cats. I ordered 6 pk from Petvm, for $67. Expected in 5 days. Will update results here.
My cats are weight at least 12 pounds and more. When I looked up cheristin it said it lasts for 6 weeks but then it also said to apply every 30 days. i read in order to kill fleas treatments need to contain pyriproxyfen or methoprene…it looked like cheristin didnt have either of them listed….i could be wrong and I hope it works for you, please let us know.
Cheristen contains Spinetoram which is one of many pesticides that will kill fleas. But, it does not contain an IGR - insect growth regulator - which is what is needed to kill flea eggs/larvae. Pyriproxyfen or Methoprene are both considered IGRs. Cheristen is a once a motnth topical treatment that enters through the sebaceous glands rather than the blood stream.

HUDSONPAT

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tx for info...in the past, for several yrs, I used Advantage and had wonderful results. This pk of Advantage may have a weak batch, or be defective. I put it on my Cuki April 3, and continue to find fleas when combing. As I said, once I get the Cheristin, I will update.