Safe thawing?

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So my fridge went on the fritz last night and isn't regulating temperature properly and freezing all my foods, so none of my cat's raw food is defrosted. I put them in a bowl of warm water to defrost them but now I'm worried they're not safe to feed. I know it's okay to warm food like this, but what about defrosting? They were completely frozen.

Last edited:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Defrosting it with hot water is ok if the food is eaten shortly thereafter. I also just pull the food out of the freezer and let it sit at room temp for a while. Midi sometimes will dig in even if it is partially frozen still 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missmimz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Defrosting it with hot water is ok if the food is eaten shortly thereafter. I also just pull the food out of the freezer and let it sit at room temp for a while. Midi sometimes will dig in even if it is partially frozen still 
Thanks for the quick reply. I decided not to feed it to them as  I just didn't feel comfortable thawing it like that. Luckily my picky guy actually ate a little FD this morning and everyone else had canned.