Safe Collars???

Asdfnvi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My family has a habit of forgetting things. And in my house, we have this door where if you don't lock it, the wind will open it. This has happened a few times, but we have noticed every single time except the last time. If I hadn't went downstairs that night to bring my cat to my room, I would have never gotten her back because she would have walked right out without any tags or being microchipped.
I'm working on getting the money to have her microchipped, but in the mean time, I need to find a collar that she won't take off, but is safe so I can put her tags back on.
I know breakaways are the way to go, but is there a specific brand that is more difficult for her to get off? I saw something about this one brand being completely elastic with Velcro to keep it on, but I saw mixed reviews about that.
I just want to keep my baby girl safe and god forbid anything happen, I want to make sure I get her back. Any ideas?

Attachments

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have a tractor supply thwy microchip for i think its $15. Which I've actually paid that much for collars, so there's no office fee, just the $15.