Russian Blue?

CatsAreTheBest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my kitten about 3 months back and she is now 6 months old. The shelter stayed that she was a russian blue mix. She looks like a russian blue, but I’m not sure.

Here are some pics

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
How pretty! Yes, she is a very nice lookalike to a Russian Blue! She has that slender body, shimmery blue fur, and even green eyes! Without papers, RB ancestry is impossible to prove, so she's be called a blue Domestic Shorthair. Blue cats of indeterminate breed can also be called Maltese cats.

Summercats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can see Russian blue. May be full but the shelter as said without papers cannot say that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsAreTheBest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She’s has spots on her stomach. I didn’t know that Russian Blues had that.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes kittens are born with "ghost tabby" markings, which fade as they grow. She likely wouldn't be pure Russian Blue, anyway, so one of her parents might have been a Domestic Shorthair in the tabby pattern.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good catch. Russians may have ghost stripes but I havent never heard about ghost spots not evenon tummy. But the overall looks is quite russian (I dont see eye color on Iphone)

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is another option too. If she is a diluted tortie. It doesnt need much of a creme, a little spot somewhere. Or part of a paw pad...

Also, many torties has naturally green eyes. Why I dont know, but they often have. And thus, diluted torties are not seldom quite look alike of RB.