Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A mix because...

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

CatsAreTheBest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my cat around 3 months back. She is now 6 months old. When I got her they said she was a Russian blue. She is slender and long, but her eyes are yellow and green. Is she a Russian blue mix or a domestic shorthair?

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsAreTheBest

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Her eyes are yellow on the outside and green on the inside. I thought Russian blues have vivid green eyes.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes good RB shall have vivid green eyes. Pet quality not always...

But on the pics his eyes are OK, at least on this in your icon.

Without papers or at least, solid proven background he will always count as domestic, but if I saw him with a known RB owner or breeder, I wouldnt react, and would take him on face value - ie a fully normal RB.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Yes! To agree with StefanZ, a very nice lookalike to a Russian Blue! She has beautiful green eyes, a slender body, and a shiny coat that hint at some possible RB influence. Without papers, though, she's be called a blue Domestic Shorthair. Blue cats of indeterminate breed can also be called Maltese cats. :)

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As far as eye colour goes, at six months it may not yet be fully developed - my boys' eyes are still changing at 8 months old. My understanding is that the quicker their eye colour develops as kittens, the earlier it'll start to fade in later years (at least, from memory that's what my breeder told me). I'm sure StefanZ StefanZ will know more than I do though ;)

Wags

My Niki
Adult Cat
Purraise
As per the above - yes at 6 months the eyes aren't fully developed - they settle around 10 months. And they do start with green around the iris which speads outwards over time, so his eyes seem to be following that, very beautiful kitten.