Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No chance.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From the little research I've done, she certainly meets a lot of the criteria IMO. She has the green eyes (greener in person), striped tail, white undercoat, and shiny silver tipped fur. I've attached a couple pictures to get some other opinions. Please let me know what you think i love her to pieces regardless of her genetics lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is another picture of her. You can see her tail stripes in it. Her eyes aren't yellow, but the camera makes them look that way for some reason. She isn't very big. I think she is around 6 months old. And she only weighs about 8lbs.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Your cat is very beautiful ;)

But I believe she is a Maltese cat not a Russian blue :rbheart:

It may be possible she as some Russian blue in her but she is not 100% Russian blue.
Her face shape is completely wrong for a RB and I should add that RB's should NEVER have tabby markings. They are allowed a few ghost tabby marking when young but these fade as they get older.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with GemsGem.  I want to say, she is somewhat a look alike - of a  scandinavian RB - MALE ...    :)

I myself do have two male RB, ex studs.  Im verry fond in them!    :)

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also came across a Korat breed, and she looks similar to them too.

View media item 205772
I'm not sure though. She is a strange cat, her personality matches the description of both rbs and Korat. Thank you gemsgem, Ms. Kitty thinks she is beautiful, too lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
The Korat breed is very rare. So the possibility that your cat might have some Korat ancestry is very highly unlikely.

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From the photos of korats online, she looks identical to them. Maybe she is just a doppelgänger lol i think she is beautiful anyways. We are very lucky to have this feisty little lady as a furry member of our family :)

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I think you are right. I think she is one of them beautiful lucky cats that just happens to be a look a like of a certain breed.

But you could call her a Korat look a like :D

superkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there, she looks a lot like my kitten who is part russian blue. Judging by how she looks id say its possible that she is one. She is very beautiful. =D if youre interested their are website and stufd where you can find out by giving them your cats dna. Its pretty awesome. It cost around 60. It tells you every kind of breed they are.

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That would be interesting to know. I mean even if she is i cant show her or anything because a) no papers and b) she has a white patch between her hind legs (crotch area lol) which would disqualify her. But thank you! I think she is a beauty too! She's a cuddle monster! I think if i were to get another cat it would be a russian blue :)

superkitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah. Im excited to get my kitties result. He looks like a pure russian blue but his mom was white with brown and black and orange stripes on her back. Lol

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last edited by a moderator:

alainasmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm by far no expert on cat breeds, but I think your cat would be classified as a Maltese cat - any cat that is blue from head to toe. She is gorgeous though. 

Her face shape definitely isn't the shape of a Russian Blue's and from the first pic I see some faint ghost tabby markings. She could possibly be a mix. As for the Korat, they're extremely rare, but she does look a little bit more like a Korat than an RB to me. She might have some ancestry from both or she might be a look-alike?

No matter what breed she is, she's beautiful. 

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has ghost tabby markings on her tail and in certain lighting you can kind of see the markings on her face and sides. I just never thought maltese due to the silver tipped fur. She isn't as stocky looking as the korat pictures I've seen. She's long and thin like rbs. My mother thought she looked like a Siamese cat that is colored wrong...but her head is different lol oh well she can be a doppelgänger kitty :)

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has ghost tabby markings on her tail and in certain lighting you can kind of see the markings on her face and sides. I just never thought maltese due to the silver tipped fur. She isn't as stocky looking as the korat pictures I've seen. She's long and thin like rbs. My mother thought she looked like a Siamese cat that is colored wrong...but her head is different lol oh well she can be a doppelgänger kitty :)
Finally got a profile shot of her! Lol not a rb profile. Please ignore the mess (still moving in)!

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have previously posted in this forum at http://www.thecatsite.com/t/273609/russian-blue-possibly

However, since then Kitty's looks have changed a little. Her eyes have gotten greener. Before they were a bright green with a yellowish tinge, but now they are more emeraldish towards her pupils. Also, for the life of me i can't see her ghost tabby markings on her tail or anywhere anymore. A few friends of mine have also commented on how her face has "matured". She is still kind of lanky looking and athletic. She may have gained a little weight too because she eats allllll the time, but it can't be more than a pound at most.

I think what I'm getting at is asking if this is normal? I'll try to get pictures, but she is busy making laps around the house dragging her feather teaser lol :lol3:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is all perfectly normal. I've had several kittens that had 'spots' and I wanted them to keep them, but they all lost them when they got older. One of those kittens is now 13 years old, looks solid gray and white, but in the sun you can still see some stripes now, not spots! Eyes can change too, but usually quit after 18 months or so. I would love to see some pictures of the 'new' Kitty!

courtneykp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She was probably about 10-12 months or so in the pictures on the last thread. So she is only a little older now, which is why I thought it was strange...if she ever sits still (with her eyes open) I'll get pictures lol but the opportunities are few and far between.