Runaway cat?? Would a...

cudd1ebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Would a indoor cat that had a chance to runaway(get out) actually run away. Or would she just hang around outside the house?? My cat has gotten out several times and im worried. :creamper:

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cat avoids the door (thank goodness). But our other cat made a beeline everytime. He would run away all over the neighborhood, but could have eventually been caught. Also he never stayed away overnight an always came back..but I wouldn't risk it. You should put some measures in place to keep her inside

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It depends on the cat. My cat has no interest in the outside (he's the skittish type, so he'd rather not go places he hasn't gone to). Some other cats would dart out first chance they get.

As Nebula said, you can cat-proof the exit locations. There are many ways to do it, depending on what has worked so far for you and what hasn't.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cudd1ebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the replies. So far they haven't tried to runaway again. Maybe because its to hot, lol:wndw:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cudd1ebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol :wndw:

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree. Depends on the cat. My cat got out of his harness once while we were on a walk and ran right back to the porch of our house. He wasn't interested in exploring, just got startled and right away wanted to go home.