Rudolf, Zebu's new "little" brother says hello!

zebu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We decided to get another cat, a buddy for Zebu, because starting September, we can't be home non-stop like before. Hopefully they will keep each other company while we're out...

This is him:

More pics can be found here.

He's about Zebu's age, around 1.5 years old, neutered male. 
He's a quiet, loving, floppy cat, and he's following us around in the house like a dog even though he doesn't really know us yet 

He's quite a big boy, we haven't measured him yet, but feels like he's heavier than Zebu, who was around 5.5 kgs (~12 pounds) about 3 months ago.

We brought him home this Tuesday, and the first few days were pretty tough, but on Friday they magically started to get along alright.
I really hope they can be best buddies in the future. 

He's "supposed to be" a ragdoll, but of course we don't know anything about any of the parents, nor does he have any papers.
The question still stands though: does he look like he has some ragdoll in him? 

Also what about the color/pattern? Searching through the internet it seems like a seal colorpoint to me, but I'm thrown off by the little white markings in his legs. He has the on the back paws, and only a tiny bit on one of the front.
I really love his beautiful blue eyes, I never had a blue-eyed cat before.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why not, he could be a ragdoll.  This him being rather heavy hints it too.

Ragdolls arent supposed to have white socks, unless they are mitted.   But it may be just because of it he got out without papers on the free market - these socks are disqualificating him for all shows, and being used in breeding.   Making him pet-quality as they say.    So, they sold him off cheaply as pet

A quite possible scenario.

He is longish enough to pretend to be a wanna be  Balinese.  But they are  less heavy.

So, as you say,  no papers, no sure history, almost no nothing, technically he is a longhaired, pointed domestic.

But if you want to see him as ragdoll, why not.

Good luck!