Royal Canin Urinary S/O formula change

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
"sick" - define, please :)
Vomiting, constipation, doing nothing but sleeping, not eating. He is doing better now though.

It just ticks me off that companies are allowed to change their formulas without telling their customers especially for prescription foods.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. They did change it a while ago, and only just recently was the 'new' the only thing that was available, to me anyway. Feeby doesn't like the taste as much. The attachment reflects the ingredients (old and new), but for the dry only. The canned had similar changes, from corn flour to wheat gluten & flour, as well as more pork/pork products and less chicken.

Also, I noticed that the 'old' version was still available on Amazon.com not too long ago.

Edit: Btw, I contacted RC about the change and why, given it is prescription, that they don't attach a notification to the products, giving buyers (and vets for that matter) a 'heads up'. That part they didn't bother to respond to, but did say the changes were made to 'improve' the product.

Attachments

Last edited:

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi. They did change it a while ago, and only just recently was the 'new' the only thing that was available, to me anyway. Feeby doesn't like the taste as much. The attachment reflects the ingredients (old and new), but for the dry only. The canned had similar changes, from corn flour to wheat gluten & flour, as well as more pork/pork products and less chicken.

Also, I noticed that the 'old' version was still available on Amazon.com not too long ago.

Edit: Btw, I contacted RC about the change and why, given it is prescription, that they don't attach a notification to the products, giving buyers (and vets for that matter) a 'heads up'. That part they didn't bother to respond to, but did say the changes were made to 'improve' the product.
Honestly it doesn't seem like much of an improvement to me. Imo an improvement would mean less grains and other fillers and more chicken and other high quality meats (pork isn't exactly the best meat).

I think the real reason for the change is that it is cheaper to make and therefore they make more $$$ without jacking up the price on the consumer side. Sad really.