Royal Canin Difference

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Can you share their ingredient lists? The same food can have different lists according to country and Royal Canin is fairly international so having the ingredient list your version has will help.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!

Here are the first ingredients in the Digestive which has 36% crude protein, 13% crude fat et al; Brewers rice, wheat gluten, chicken meal, chicken fat, soy protein isolate, corn gluten meal, natural flavors, wheat, corn, dried chicory root, fish oil, calcium...

And here are the first ingredients in the Gastrointestinal, which has 29% crude protein, 13% crude fat et al; Brewers Rice, Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn, Chicken Fat, Corn Gluten Meal, Wheat Gluten, Psyllium Seed Husk, Natural Flavors, Dried Chicory Root, Egg Product, Potassium Chloride, Fish Oil...

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not a fan of either of them, too much non-meat.

I'd go with the gastrointestinal though. Its protein is lower but the meat is listed earlier, which makes me think a good amount of protein in the first is plant protein which cats can't properly use anyways.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

NabilBen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wish there's a better food here in Morocco. It's either Royal Canin, friskies, whiskas, reflex.
I'll stick with Gastrointestinal. It suited him. He has a sensitive tummy with chronic vomiting. He used to vomit 3 times a day.