Roundworms

SnowandDali

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long does it realistically take for a cat to completely get rid of roundworms by administered monthly Revolution?

Richard2121

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While I cannot explicitly recommend this for your situation because I am not a vet, I have always purchased a bottle of "goat dewormer" (fenbendazole) which is effective in treating and eradicating most types of worms within a 3-5 day course. Yes, goat dewormer. The same compound is available and used for dogs and cats in a powder form but I find the liquid easier to administer either mixed into food or syringed into their mouth (for picky eaters). The goat dewormer is safe for cats and there are dosage charts available on Google. I would also apply Revolution as a preventative but not the primary or singular treatment, but as a secondary measure against roundworms. You could also speed up the process by cleaning the litter boxes more often (3-4 times per day) and sanitizing them at least once or twice after the initial treatment. I like to use sanitation wipes like wet ones or clorox to wipe out the litter boxes, throw out the old litter and replace with fresh stuff. This all sounds like a pain but it can expedite the process and make the treatment more effective. If you follow this routine from the start and apply Revolution diligently, I would say 1-2 months is realistic. The time frame also depends upon how many cats and other "resident pets" are in the house.

LifeWithOliver

AM348
Young Cat
Purraise
While I cannot explicitly recommend this for your situation because I am not a vet, I have always purchased a bottle of "goat dewormer" (fenbendazole) which is effective in treating and eradicating most types of worms within a 3-5 day course. Yes, goat dewormer. The same compound is available and used for dogs and cats in a powder form but I find the liquid easier to administer either mixed into food or syringed into their mouth (for picky eaters). The goat dewormer is safe for cats and there are dosage charts available on Google. I would also apply Revolution as a preventative but not the primary or singular treatment, but as a secondary measure against roundworms. You could also speed up the process by cleaning the litter boxes more often (3-4 times per day) and sanitizing them at least once or twice after the initial treatment. I like to use sanitation wipes like wet ones or clorox to wipe out the litter boxes, throw out the old litter and replace with fresh stuff. This all sounds like a pain but it can expedite the process and make the treatment more effective. If you follow this routine from the start and apply Revolution diligently, I would say 1-2 months is realistic. The time frame also depends upon how many cats and other "resident pets" are in the house.
Thank you very much for this useful information.