Rosie's Fur Length?

courtdawn333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to know if she is gonna have long hair or not? So I'm gonna put some pictures of her and her parents on this thread and let ya'll who know more be the judge of this!

obviously this is sweet baby rosie who isn't too fond of having her pic taken!

This is a few pics of Mom and Dad!

This is the Daddy,Blackie a big old goofball!

This is Serendipity she is a big sweetheart who is in love with her kittens and "hubby" lol

Mommy and Daddy together! ♪♫can you feel the love tooooonnnniiiiggghhhttt??♪♫ lol

P.S their is definite Maine Coon in Rosie's genes FYI!! Her "great-grandmother",who is a maine coon, is owned by her previous human Rebecca!!

Thanks guys!!

Rosie and Court

Last edited by a moderator:

kittie1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah she's of course a long hair. I wish I had pictures of both my cat's parents. Must cool to know how she's going to turn out...

btw how do you take a picture of the cat on her back? My cat never does that. Didn't know it was possible

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks like both parents are longhair so the kitten will be.  BTW the queen can get pregnant again very quickly, suggest the tom gets neutered PDQ.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

courtdawn333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah she's of course a long hair. I wish I had pictures of both my cat's parents. Must cool to know how she's going to turn out...

btw how do you take a picture of the cat on her back? My cat never does that. Didn't know it was possible

well their mommy took those pictures, lol blackie apparently loves to lay on his back and so does rosie

ya they are so pretty! Rosie has a "twin" sister, they are the only black ones so they both take after their dad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

courtdawn333

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looks like both parents are longhair so the kitten will be.  BTW the queen can get pregnant again very quickly, suggest the tom gets neutered PDQ.
Don't worry! they got him neutered right after they found out seri was preggers!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 longhairs can only have longhaired babies. It's a recessive gene. (That's probably a gross oversimplification and there are all kinds of factors. . .but as a general rule ;))

I love longhaired calicos! Seredipity is gorgeous.

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 longhairs can only have longhaired babies. It's a recessive gene. (That's probably a gross oversimplification and there are all kinds of factors. . .but as a general rule
)
No, it's spot on.  How long or short fur is and what the texture is is a lot more complicated, but the LH / SH divide is exactly as you describe it.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love that picture of Rosie!
   It's like she's pouting having her picture taken. What a cute little munchkin, what a beautiful little family!!